Here are benefits of Surya Namaskar if you practice this daily.
Can one lose weight with Surya Namaskar?Surya Namaskar Benefits in weight loss
• It is an intensive physical Exercise that works on every part of the body
• You can increase the number of rounds slowly and watch the pounds start to disappear. The bends and stretches help you lose flab evenly
• Surya Namaskar improves blood circulation to the scalp, thereby preventing Hair Loss.
• The increased blood circulation nourishes the head and enables healthy hair growth
• Different poses help prevent graying of hair
• Surya Namaskar improves blood circulation to all parts of the body, thus keeping the skin young
• It increases energy and vitality, thereby making your face glow with Radiance. This helps the skin retain its firmness
• Surya Namaskar prevents the onset of wrinkles by relieving the body and mind of stress
With cut-throat competition everywhere, children are exposed to stress and anxiety at an early age. Surya Namaskar Helps Children calm their minds, improve concentration, and build endurance. It reduces the feeling of anxiety and restlessness, especially during exams. Regular practice of Surya Namaskar also gives strength and vitality to the body. It also aids in muscle growth and making the body more flexible. Children as young as five-year-old can also practice Surya Namaskar daily.
Surya Namaskar is a boon for any health-conscious person. Some of the Sun Salutation poses help lose extra fat around the belly and let you stay in shape, naturally. These poses stimulate sluggish glands like the thyroid gland and induce it to increase hormonal secretions. Regular practice of Surya Namaskar helps women regulate irregular menstrual cycles and assist in childbirth. Further, it helps the face glow and also prevents wrinkles.
Regular practice of Surya Namaskar and meditation helps the almond-sized solar plexus grow and become as big as one’s palm. This expansion of the solar plexus helps develops your intuitive ability and brings more focus. On the other hand, the contraction of the solar plexus can lead to depression and other negative tendencies.
Practicing Yoga helps develop the body and mind, yet is not a substitute for medicine. It is essential to learn and practice yoga under the supervision of a trained Yoga teacher. In case of any medical condition, practice yoga only after consulting your doctor and a Yoga teacher.